Due to the changed rollout schedule for server version 1.27, and a desire to ensure that this release is not caught by a possibe rollback to 1.26 in case of any major issues with 1.27, I’m moving the previously announced release schedule for the PayPal™ vendors back slightly. The rollout should complete around 0900 SLT tomorrow (Thursday 16th), at which point the basic vendor will ship out to beta testers. Assuming no last minute problems, it will formally launch on Friday 24th July. The pro vendor is code complete, but not yet finished with internal testing, and should go out to beta testers over the weekend, for release on Friday as well. Work on all other vendors is currently paused pending feedback from the original two, but you can expect to see these in early August.
We’re doing a launch event on Saturday at 1700 SLT, location to be confirmed, with Madame Maracas DJing. Along with a variety of my more recent releases, preview copies of the PayPal vendor will be able to buy for 1/3rd off (with updates for life, as always).
Lastly, review copies; if you’d like a review copy please e-mail me (you can get my address from my SL profile) with:
- Your name (the name you publish under).
- The name of the avatar to deliver to, in SL.
- The URL of the publication you work for.
- A URL for a piece of work of yours at that publication.
- If you’re not e-mailing from an address clearly part of the publication, some sort of proof you are who you claim to be. An e-mail listing in the publication, the address at someone clearly attached to the publication who can verify your identity…